HOUSTON – The Nithyanandeshwara Hindu Temple, Houston Aadheenam – inspired by His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda, recognized as a living incarnation by millions, and Mahamandaleshwar of the most ancient apex body of Hinduism, the Mahanirvani Akhada, and under the auspices of the worldwide governing body of Hinduism, Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad (ABAP) – was inaugurated on the auspicious day of Maha Shivratri, Feb 24th 2017 at 14140 Westheimer Road in Houston, Texas, located east of Highway 6.
The Houston Aadheenam is one of 40 Nithyananda temples worldwide established as centers for Santana Hindu Dharma. The Houston Aadheenam was founded to promote the values of Hinduism and to support the spiritual needs of the local Houston community. More specifically, the temple aims to practice and uphold the ancient Vedic truths based on the following five pillars of enlightenment: Yoga, Bhakti (Devotion), Dhyana (Meditation), Jnana (Knowledge), and Seva (Selfless Service):
• Yoga: The temple has ordained Yogacharyas who conduct free yoga classes every weekend, paying homage to the Father of Yoga, Sadashiva.
• Bhakti: The temple’s presiding deity is Lord Shiva, Sri Kalahasteswara, which radiates Vayu energy (Air Energy). The temple has some of the most magnificent deities in North America such as the largest 9-foot Shiva Linga, Lord Venkateshwara, Ram Parivar, RadhaKrishna, Sri Ganesha, Lord Subramanya, Navagrahas and other Hindu deities.
• Dhyana: The temple hosts many powerful meditation courses—ranging from daily meditation instruction, to weekend workshops. The temple also hosts many advanced meditation programs taught directly by H.H. Paramahamsa Nithyananda through live, 2-way video connection such as Manifest Leadership and Wealth Consciousness workshop series.
• Jnana: H.H. Paramahamsa Nithyananda delivers daily satsang discourse on a variety of scriptures such as the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Shiva Sutras, Jain Sutras and Brahma Sutras which are seen live at the temples and hundreds satsang centers across the world, viewed by millions. Viewers can tune in daily at www.Nithyananda.tv (or) youtube.com/nithyanandatv.
• Seva: The temple is 100% volunteer-run, including the presence of Hindu sannyasis (Hindu Monk). The temples provide many opportunities for seva or “selfless service” and serves free sattvic/vegetarian meals every day in the temple as part of the temple’s religious philosophy. Temple volunteers will be conducting free health screenings, blood drives and bone marrow drives for the community H.H. Paramahamsa Nithyananda consecrated the deities at the temple through the Prana Prathishta (sacred energizing) process. In his live message on the Grand Opening day from Bengaluru, India, telecast to millions of viewers worldwide, His Holiness blessed that the Temple will help remove all the effects of Doshas from the Navagrahas (embodiment of the nine planetary energies) of the visitors of the Temple.
The grand opening ceremonies culminated with an extraordinary display of Shaktis ‘Shaktis’ or powers of Sadashiva as revealed in Veda-Agamas, the Source scriptures (Sri Netra Tantram, Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, Upanishads, and more) and powerfully revived by H.H. Paramahamsa Nithyananda.
During the demonstration, one visitor asked ‘Why the need for such powers? What is the purpose?’ Sri Mahant Sri Nithya Shivajnana Ananda explained, “His Holiness is sharing the science of Shaktis such as Third Eye Awakening, Remote Scanning, Body Scanning, Akashic Readings etc, along with the science of Mandalas and Spiritual Alchemy products such as the Jnana Anjana and Sadashiva Garbha, to help raise the consciousness of humanity at large and reestablish the relevance of Sanatana Hindu Dharma to the world. When these powers – available to all human beings – express within us, we naturally drop all self-doubt, self-hatred and self-denial. We realize our true and extraordinary potential – the so-called ‘negativities and conflicts’ in the outer world simply lose their relevance.
The Maha Kumbhabhishekam and all the Vedic rituals were performed by Shiva Acharyas as per the Shiva Agamas, coming from all over the world. Visitors at the Grand Opening were overjoyed with the darshans of the life size deities, their stunning alankaram combined with the authentic performance of the Vedic rituals on all 6 days of continuous celebrations. Many expressed how they could literally feel the blissful and peaceful energy of the temple’s space.
Visitors from all over Texas participated in the opening ceremonies including ThiruVilakku Puja, Sri Meenakshi Thirukalyanam, Sri Venkateshwara Thirukalyanam, Carnatic songs, traditional Indian dances, the playing of traditional musical instruments like Veena, Miruthangam, recital of Vedas and chanting of vedic mantras like Rudram, Chamakam & Sri Sukthams.
More information on the temple events and other information is available at www.vedictemplehouston.org and www.nithyananda.org
In a coversation with Sri Mahant Sri Nithya Shivajnana Ananda, said, “We are overwhelmed by the community support to make this temple opening a grand success. We remain undeterred and are grateful to be a part of this auspicious temple opening and are truly excited to share it with world. We are confident about reviving authentic Santana Hindu Dharma in all its glory, bringing to life all the shaktis as described originally in the Vedagamas, by Sadashiva Himself.
If anyone has any questions, they can reach us at [email protected]
Report by Mahant Ma Sri Nithya Shivajnana Ananda
Photo Credit: Nithyanandeshwara Hindu Temple Houston.