Chandigarh people love being fit and yoga is the best exercise to stay mentally and physically fit. Due to the shortage of Yoga experts and the facilities, yoga classes have suffered. Chandigarh people have not been able to get used to the yoga trend due to a lot of reasons. But, things are changing now! Chandigarh Administration has started free yoga classes for Tri-City people.
After The United Nations declared 21 June as International Yoga Day, Chandigarh administration has been pro-active in promoting yoga as a must exercise for the Tri-City.
The UT Administrator inaugurated the event where he said that free yoga classes will be provided to the citizens of Chandigarh.
Free Yoga Classes in Chandigarh
Chandigarh Administration has taken a bold step by offering free yoga classes for the tri-city people. Some of the things you need to know about the free yoga classes in Chandigarh are:
- The free yoga classes will be organized in 38 different govt. schools of Chandigarh.
- The timings for the free yoga classes will be 6:00 am to 7:30 am daily.
- The yoga classes are open to the Tri-City people at any of the 38 locations in Chandigarh.
- There will be no fee for the yoga classes for the tri-city residents.
- The Chandigarh Administration plans to expand the yoga classes from 38 to 100 locations in the second phase.
Bold Step By UT Administration
UT Administrator said that declaring 21st June as International Yoga was a giant step as this gave international recognition to Yoga. He feels it is commendable idea that UT Administration has started free yoga classes for the tri-city people as this would attract more people towards yoga and towards fitness. He said that the UT Administration’s decision of free yoga classes is just one of the many steps to expand yoga in the tri-city.
This is a great initiative by the Chandigarh Administration and we all should be proud that we are a part of Chandigarh. We really hope that the idea of free yoga classes will benefit the tri-city people which would result in more fit and healthy people in Chandigarh.