The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has recently directed all the schools to include Yoga as an activity for assessment under the Continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE).
In order to promote the concept of Yoga and celebrate the 2nd International Yoga Day, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has recently directed all the schools to include Yoga as an activity for assessment under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE).
For this, a circular has been issued by CBSE where instructions are being given so as to celebrate International Yoga Day on June 21, 2016.
Details of the circular:
- All the schools should organise mass yoga demonstration
- All the yoga activities should be done from 7-8 am in school premises only
- There would be no compulsion on students as it on voluntary basis
- Schools should also organise musical yoga events, fests, debate, essay, quiz and drawing, contests based on yoga
- Yoga should be practiced least once a week early in the morning during assembly hours
- Yoga activity assessment should be put on student’s report card
- All the schools should include yoga activity as part of student’s assessment under CCE
- The assessment should be done up to secondary level
- The assessment/grades shall be portrayed in the student’s annual report card.
Meanwhile, as per reports, some of the schools in the city are already grading students on yoga.
In a recent TOI report, Raj Aloni, principal, Ramseth Thakur Public School in Kharghar said,”Under the physical education subject, we have five options to select from and Yoga is one of them and we have picked that. So we are already evaluating the students on it.”
A similar circular was issued on April 19 to schools affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
Moreover, the schools affiliated by CBSE are given the instructions to upload the day of Yoga activities on the official website of the school.
Also, the schools should send the report to CBSE office.
Further, in the circular, the CBSE has asked schools to sent at least one education or Yoga teacher for a certification course. And this course will be organised by Quality Council of India with Ministry of AYUSH.