In a recent move, state unit of Shivsena conducted a protest near Chepauk Visitors bungalow in Chennai demanding Tamil Nadu Government to handover the administration of temples to Hindus. As per report, many Hindu organisations have been united to protest various culpability of TN Govt in connection with misuse of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR&CE) provisions in different temple trusts.
Following were some of the important demands placed before the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu –
- Tamil Nadu Government should handover the administration of all Hindu temples in TN to Hindus. At present it is in the hands of corrupt politicians and officials. It should be handed over to a committee comprising of Hindu spiritual leaders, saints and Hindu management body.
- Many acres of land, diamond, gold jewellery, statues were stolen. No action is taken so far. Immediate action should be taken to get back the stolen property.
- There is encroachment of temple lands by people belonging to other religious groups. Such properties worth many lakh crores of rupees should be got back and the offenders should be punished severely.
- Money should not be collected as special darshan tickets. The money collected from temple hundis and other income from temple properties should be utilized only for the welfare of Hindus.
- HR&CE does not have the power to nominate the Executive Officer. Shivsena condemns the Government’s nomination of EO against the Supreme Court verdict.
- Government should give subsidy to devotees visiting Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, Sabarimala, Kasi, Haridwar, Rishikest etc. They should not levy any toll fee for such devotees. Free transport facility should be arranged.
- Spiritual classes, vilakku puja, spiritual workshops, bhajans, devotional discourses, satsangs should be arranged in all temples.
Shri. Radhakrishnan of Shivsena led the protest. Many Hindutvawadis from Shivsena and other Hindu organisations participated in the protest rally.