A national level seminar will be organised by Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry in the capital with the vice-chancellors of various universities along with other senior officials and yoga experts.
As the world will be celebrating International Yoga Day on June 21, preparations are already in full swing in all schools, colleges and other organisations.
For this, a national level seminar will be organised by Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry in the capital.
Key notes of seminar:
- The seminar will be held on June 18
- The vice-chancellors of various universities will be present at the national seminar
- As per sources, HRD minister Smriti Irani would also be present
- Along with other senior officials, yoga experts would also join the meeting
Moreover, as per sources, the sole reason of organising the seminar is not only to discuss ahead of International Yoga Day, but also to consider a recently submitted report by expert panelists led by Dr HR Nagendra, who is referred to as Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s yoga guru.
According to the report submitted, Dr HR Nagendra has proposed the idea of setting up separate yoga department in different universities across the nation.
Meanwhile, the committee has laid out details of yoga courses that can be taught at higher levels of education.
Also, the committee members have made a list of universities that can start these courses from the commencing academic session.
Recently, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) also issued circular giving directions to various schools to include Yoga as an activity for assessment under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE).
Details of the circular:
- All the schools should organise mass yoga demonstration
- All the yoga activities should be done from 7-8 am in school premises only
- Schools should also organise musical yoga events, fests, debate, essay, quiz and drawing, contests based on yoga
- Yoga should be practiced at least once a week early in the morning during assembly hours
- Yoga activity assessment should be put on the student’s report card
- All the schools should include yoga activity as part of student’s assessment under CCE
- The assessment should be done up to secondary level
In a recent report, Deepshikha Srivastava, principal, Rajhans Vidyalaya, Andheri said, “We have compulsory yoga for students of Classes 1 to 10, then why do we need to have a separate token celebration every month?”
International Yoga Day: VCs to attend national seminar on June 18 : News.
Source: International Yoga Day: VCs to attend national seminar on June 18 : News