Going for Simhastha Parva has become like going for a fair or excursion ! MP Govt is diluting the significance of Simhasth for political mileage!! – Swami Nischalananda Saraswati, Puri Peethadheeshwar Shankaracharya.
“Simhastha Parva is not a place of fair or excursion, it is ‘Maha-Parva’; but it has become like a fair or excursion; getting a chance for organising this Mela the MP Govt is trying to get every mileage from it. Politics and Religion should not be mixed for vested interest”, said Puri Peethadheeshwar Shankaracharya Swami Nishchalanand Saraswati Maharaj here. He also expressed his displeasure over Madhya Pradesh Government.
Srimad Shankaracharya of Govardhan Peeth Puri exhorted the significance of Simhasth to his devotees today through an interaction with his devotees present.
1. Central Government should set up a committee at Prayag, Haridwar, Nashik and Ujjain for Simhastha and Kumbh with Saints, scholars and experts as members. This committee should bring ‘Simhastha and ‘Kumbh’ in its original form.
2. One should not think about going to Simhastha as going for a picnic. It is a place of faith and devotion. People should earn merit by having bath in River Kshipra; be in company of Saints; achieve spiritual progress in life and take a good message from here for future life.
3. Earlier, Saints- Mahatmas, Acharyas and scholars used to come for Simhastha and used to not only protect Dharma and culture but also gave guidance by holding discussions on problems faced by nation and society.
4. Rulers used to discuss with Saints seeking their guidance and go back to act upon the same. Now, its nature has changed and political party which rules the country, changes the form of Simhastha as per its ideology. It is however, wrong.
5. Saints have always led society and given right direction to people.
6. Here in Simhastha-Parva, loudspeakers are fitted everywhere; creating noise pollution. It should be reduced as much as possible.
Grave reality about Simhastha Parva !
1. Things like ‘Appu Ghar’, ‘Miracle Trishul’ etc. are available for people’s entertainment. Film songs are shown on LED screens.
2.Very few people are found at programs like Saints’ ‘Katha’, discourse, ‘Keertan’ etc. but large number of people go for entertainment programs. A renowned newspaper has published news with a photo about only one person attending ‘Katha’-program.
3. Marquee and arches of many ‘akharas’, spiritual organizations, so-called Saints, ‘Katha-vachak’ etc. are glittering with lights. There is dazzle everywhere. People are more interested in such shallow things rather than listening to Saints’ discourses; as there are more of enthusiasts and picnickers instead of devotees.
4. People are more interested in going to ‘Kinnar-akharas’ permitted to be erected by Madhya Pradesh Government, than going to true Saints. Everywhere people are found asking for location of ‘Kinnar-akhara’. The Chief of this ‘Akhara’ named Lakshmi is controversial and notorious in Maharashtra; and involved in demanding approval for relations between homosexuals; involved in supporting anti-Dharma issues by taking out marches and taking part in TV programs for the same.
5. Most of the newspapers published in MP, having no knowledge of spirituality or Dharma, are giving lot of publicity by referring to Lakshmi as ‘Kinnar Akhara’s Acharya Mahamandaleshwar Lakshmi.
6. A famous ‘Katha-vachak’ from Vrundavan has started distributing ‘Shimla Paan Masala’, ‘Vimal Paan Masala’ packets to devotees after ‘katha’ in his marquee. It is said that companies producing such addictive things are suitably compensating him for the same. In his marquee therefore, there are advertisements of all addictive products in front portion of marquee to draw people’s attention.
7. It is heard that Railways Department is taking extra surcharge from the home bound pilgrimage with their railway fair. It is condemnable as Govt allows subsidies to the Haj pilgrimage, but taking surcharges from the Hindu Pilgrimages from the Hindus attending in the Simhasth Kumbh.
8. One much acclaimed “Vichar Mahakumbh” organised by the MP Govt here was not related with divinity and spirituality. That was conducted for some social aspect to gain political mileage for a ruling Govt. No Shankaracharyas were invited to attend any Mahakumbh function organised by the State Govt.
9. MP Govt is dividing the Sadhu Sants visiting the Kumbh Mela. The pro-political Sadhus are getting much importance and others are being ignored.
10. Govt. should take opinion and suggestions from every organisation participating in the Mela. For this they may issue a format in which they can collect many important points to enrich the next Mahakumbh and pilgrimage coming to Mahakaleshwar.
Source: Kumbh Mahaparv is not a Mela or Excursion. Govt. must maintain its sanctity without political interference: Swami Nischalananda. – India Town.in